Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Cautiously optimistic

My hours have picked up a bit at work recently.  This is a good thing, because I need more hours, because more hours mean more pay, and more pay is always a welcome thing.  But I still need a better job with more stable hours, so I’m still looking for that.  I’m sure I’ll find it eventually, it’s just getting rather tiring looking and not finding.  But it is what it is, I guess.

This isn’t going to be a very long post, because there’s really not much that’s post-worthy going on up here.  The kids started back to school last Monday, and we’re settling in to a routine of little to no sleep again.  They’re not used to doing homework, and in truth E doesn’t like doing it anyway, so I have to get on them about that.  Oh, and then there was the hair incident on Friday...

You see, while stuck in Fort Lauderdale with her dad, Miss V bleached her hair on half of her head to blonde.  To even it up, we went out and got a 40-weight peroxide formula and doused that side to make it all the blonde she wanted.  Well, the Sunday before school started, we were staying at a local hotel because the AC in our house broke.  (It was a simple fix, which took less than an hour to repair, thankfully, but couldn’t be done until Monday, because everywhere was closed over the weekend.)  Well, the hotel had a pool, and when I got back from work on Sunday, I joined the kids in said pool and we all had fun swimming around.  However... V’s hair soaked up the over-chlorinated water, and turned a lovely shade of aquamarine.  But only PART of it, and only on the blonde/ damaged side.  

Well, last Friday, she whined and complained, and complained and whined, until I finally gave in and put more of the peroxide on her hair in an attempt to remove the now-faded green colour from her hair.  And that’s when disaster struck.  After just a few minutes, her hair was HOT, and her head was under the shower head, as she frantically tried to wash out all of the peroxide.  By the next morning...  she had lost a good 6” of hair on the left side of her head.  She was absolutely beside herself.  But, after some car drama (I’m telling you, I really need a new car, this one I’m driving is more trouble than it’s worth!), I was able to take her to the Walmart hair salon (the only salon open on Saturday around here) and get her hair fixed.

In the end, she probably lost a good foot of hair, but the stylist was really good about it, gave her some really useful tips on how to take care of her hair now, and the cut is SUPER cute on her.  So disaster recovered, and eventually she’ll get used to it.  Oh, and in solidarity, I had a good 6” cut off my own hair, and now it’s in a complementary style to hers, but one that looks good on me.  🙂

Well, that’s all for now.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment