Thursday, April 22, 2021

Well!

It seems blogging isn’t really my thing.  I do try to keep up with it periodically, but thanks to my executive disfunction, I’ll forget to post for a few days, feel bad for not posting, and then not post for nearly 2 years.  Yep, that’s just how I roll.  But nevertheless, I keep trying.  So much has happened since I last posted!  Let’s see, where to begin...

Well, the Little Flower has had not one, but TWO baby brothers since I last posted.  Wee Hook was born in October, 2019, and young Stair was born in February of this year.  Stair has a cleft lip, but just the lip, and despite it, he nurses like a champ, and has since the day he was born.  So now DIL is nursing two wee boys, and going slightly bonkers in the process!

Also, in July 2020, in the middle of the pandemic, Oldest Son and his family packed up their van and moved to Ohio.  That lasted about a week, and then they moved to Pennsylvania.  They lived in a nasty, run-down house with no bathroom (there was space for a bathroom, but it only had a toilet in it, and it was partially open to the garage, so the water in the toilet would freeze over during the colder months) from the end of July until the end of February, when CYS was called because DIL went to the hospital to have the baby, and her brother’s mother called them on the family.  But in the end it worked out for the best.  They’re in a MUCH better living situation, Oldest Son found a job as a groundskeeper at a local hotel, and things are going well.  So that’s VERY good.  

Now, as for my little family, well...  Sweet Miss V has been doing virtual school since the end of 2019, thanks to medical problems, and, thanks to the novel coronavirus COVID-19, Young E has been doing virtual as well, since March of 2020.  Prom for Sweet Miss V was this past weekend, she went with her best friend, and she couldn’t find a dress that fit her properly, so, despite my misgivings, I made her one.  And she looked aMAZing!  I’m so happy that she actually looked _REALLY_ good in it!

Big E decided, if February of 2020, to open a restaurant.  WELL...  it’s been over a year, one thing after another, after another has gone wrong, and he is STILL not open yet.  But the less said about that, the better, I think.  

That’s all for now.  I might try to keep this up again, but who knows what will happen.  I might forget to post for 2 weeks and spiral into self-loathing until I decide I do t NEED to write anymore, and then pick it up again in 2 more years.  The year is young, there’s still time to waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment